You are here: Home > Molecular Genomics Laboratory
Molecular Genomics Laboratory Core Facility
- Forbes D. Porter, MD, PhD, Molecular Genomics Laboratory Core Facility
- Steven L. Coon, PhD, Staff Scientist
- James R. Iben, PhD, Senior Research Fellow
- Alan Pang, PhD, Biologist
With the goal of understanding genetic changes and mechanisms underlying human diseases, the Molecular Genomics Laboratory Core Facility supports NICHD investigators by providing deep sequencing and project data analysis.
Next-Generation sequencing and bioinformatics support
The Division of Intramural Research has an Applied Biosystems SOLiD 5500 instrument for "Next Generation sequencing." The Molecular Genomics Laboratory core facility has the ability to support whole-exome sequencing and is developing the capability to perform transcriptome analysis. We provide bioinformatics expertise to support various NICHD sequencing projects including the analysis of data derived from model organisms. The laboratory is currently working with nine NICHD labs in collaborative support of individual projects, which have led to the generation of two publications and four manuscripts. In addition, we developed web-friendly tools to enable investigators to view sequencing datasets and polymorphisms using industry-standard tools.
- Nagarajavel V, Iben JR, Howard BH, Maraia RJ, Clark DJ. Global 'bootprinting' reveals the elastic architecture of the yeast TFIIIB-TFIIIC transcription complex in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res 2013;41:8135-8143.
- Lamichhane TN, Blewett NH, Crawford AK, Cherkasova VA, Iben JR, Begley TJ, Farabaugh PJ, Maraia RJ. Lack of tRNA modification isopentenyl-A37 alters mRNA decoding and causes metabolic deficiencies in fission yeast. Mol Cell Biol 2013;33:2918-2929.
- Iben JR, Maraia RJ. tRNAomics: tRNA gene copy number variation and codon use provide bioinformatic evidence of a new anticodon:codon wobble pair in a eukaryote. RNA 2012;18:1358-1372.
- David Clark, PhD, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Robert Crouch, PhD, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Alan DeCherney, MD, Program in Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Henry Levin, PhD, Program in Cellular Regulation and Metabolism, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Richard Maraia, MD, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Constantine Stratakis, MD, D(Med)Sc, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, Bethesda, MD
- Brant Weinstein, PhD, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, NICHD, Bethesda, MD