Office of the Clinical Director, NICHD
- Forbes D. Porter, MD, PhD, Clinical Director
- Karim Calis, PharmD, MPH, Director of Clinical Research and Compliance
- Meg Keil, PhD, Associate Director, Nursing and Protocol Navigation
- Maryellen Rechen, BS, RN, Special Assistant to the Clinical Director
- Denise Phillips, Administrative and Credentialing Support
- An Dang Do, MD, PhD, Staff Clinician
- Alan DeCherney, MD, Senior Investigator
- Christina Tatsi, MD, Staff Clinician
- Denna Zeltser, MD, Staff Clinician
- Sheila Brady, CRNP, Nurse Practitioner
- Josephine Ezemobi, CRNP, Nurse Practitioner
- Marianne Knue, CRNP, Nurse Practitioner
- John Perreault, CRNP, Nurse Practitioner
- Kisha Jenkins, BS, RN, Clinical Nurse
- Lola Saidkhodjaeva, RN, Clinical Nurse
- Sara Talvacchio, RN, Clinical Nurse
- Glynnis Vance, Protocol Coordinator
- Fathy Majadly, BS, Patient Specimen Coordinator
- Vincent Black, Patient Care Coordinator
- Craig Abbott, PhD, Statistician
- Loc Trinh, Research Chemical Engineer
- Lisa Ast, Administrative Support
Click image to view.
Top: Karim Calis, Fathy Majadly, Laverne Mensah
Center: Maryellen Rechen, Glynnis Vance, Loc Trinh
Bottom: Denise Phillips, Vincent Black, Meg Keil
The NICHD intramural clinical research program currently includes 71 protocols with six main areas of focus: (1) adult, pediatric, and reproductive endocrinology; (2) genetic diseases; (3) normal growth and development; (4) national/international public health; (5) women’s health; and (6) adolescent gynecology. The protocols are conducted by 30 NICHD Principal Investigators and 210 associate investigators. The NICHD clinical protocol portfolio spans the spectrum from Natural History to therapeutic trials. Seventeen protocols involve an investigational drug or device. Approximately half the protocols include pediatric patients, and many focus on rare diseases. The NICHD Office of the Clinical Director provides support for investigational new drugs and continues to support the NICHD Data and Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC), which is chaired by Dr. Frank Pucino.
Click image to view.
Left to right: Dr. Christina Tatsi, Assistant Clinical Investigator; Dr. An Dang Do, Assistant Clinical Investigator; Dr. Sarah Sheppard, Tenure-Track Investigator
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.nichd.nih.gov/about/org/dir/osd/mt/cd.